How do you ensure safety of the material/inventory and safe operation in the warehouse?
In order to answer this question we need to divide it in two separate parts
Material safety solely depends upon the type of material to be stored at particular warehouse or store.Subject to material type the operational measures are taken, some of the examples below are
Operation safety is already explained in previous answer elaborating same for this
Safety in the workplace is a management-driven policy. Establishing good safety practices including training, education and the appropriate safety supplies (PPE) begins with the employer’s commitment to safety.
We ensure safety at workplace by adhering to following practices across the organisation
– Proper 5s and housekeeping at all warehouses
– By ensuring signage at all risky points
– Use of MHE and necessary handling equipment at workplace
– Training of workers, supervisors and managers in regular intervals
– Maintaining the basic safety guidelines in warehouses as defined by company/client
– Using PPE at warehouses/in-side the plant at all the time