About the Customer
Our customer is one of India’s leading digital e-commerce brands. The company has enabled millions of consumers, sellers, merchants and small businesses to be a part of the e-commerce revolution.
The company wanted a reliable logistics service provider who can:
- majorly cater to the last mile deliveries for their large format products
- efficiently handle the spikes in orders during their biggest sale event of the year which included additional resources – manpower, space and transportation and training of Adhoc manpower for seamless consumer experience
- provide their customers with a seamless delivery experience; measured through C-SAT (customer satisfaction) score
By virtue of the fact, white goods items are very bulky and voluminous in nature. The activities involved and the level of sophistication required to deliver a white good is a different ball game then delivering smaller packages.
Another major criticality in this gamut was increased in volume by 10x during the biggest sale event. The challenge is to maintain the customer experience while processing 1000pcs instead of 100pcs in a day.
The challenge usually the e-commerce brand was facing that not many service providers in India were able to meet the pre-requisites for the white goods deliveries and to successfully plan for ad-hoc & skilled manpower, space, and transportation requirements during their peak season.
Holisol implementation & operations team brought into consideration the two key aspects and offered solutions to alleviate customer challenges.
- For space, we set up the operations of the hub and hub out the center for the customer. The facility worked as a cross-dock location, from where we got the line haul at night and then smaller vehicles were loaded according to the pin codes and are set out for deliveries before 10 a.m.
- The manpower who delivered white goods were given requisite training to handle and pack these bulky items. Our customer associates (CA)/ field executives (FE) have been groomed to handle both prepaid and open deliveries.
- Route planning and ad hoc transportation planning to arrange the number of vehicles required to deliver while maintaining the SLA’s and the KPIs which were signed between the customer and holisol.
- All these deliveries were carried out in real-time i.e. when we were delivering the product it was all recorded on the phone and was connected to our customer’s server.
Benefits to the customer
- Round the year achieving highest CSAT (customer satisfaction) score of above 95%
- Smooth set up of last-mile for white goods
- Smooth fulfilment operations during the sales period
- Gets real-time updates on deliveries in customer mobile application
- Provision of the same day deliveries to end consumer
- Efficient handling of sales volume of +40,000 shipments
A growing partnership with the customer
We have been running their two sites in NCR from the past three years and have added three more locations this year. With the introduction of our in-house IT tools – TMS & Holiscope, we are ramping up the operations from current 42,000 shipments to 1.5 million shipments in the coming 6 months.
For more information contact us at- firstname.lastname@example.org